equally thoroughly as the app may be, it ’ s not immune to problems. You may encounter some snags. For example, the app may freeze, jump songs randomly, or your library may be empty after an update .
postpone of Contents
Some of these issues may affect early programs, leaving you frustrated.
We ’ ll show you a few workarounds to try if you find apple Music not working on your Mac, io or Android device .
How to Fix When Apple Music Is Not Working
If Apple Music is not opening, not playing your music, or you can ’ metric ton entree your playlists, try the succeed trouble-shoot methods to get it working again .
1. Quick Checks and Fixes
If you can ’ triiodothyronine hear anything, make surely the book is not turned down and the speakers are working by rights .
- Check if the Apple Music service is down. Real-time problems and outages for Apple Music may occur once in a while, rendering the app unusable. Check Apple’s servers or visit the DownDetector to see if the service is down or has any issues.
- Shut down the app and open it again.
- Restart your device to fix any software glitches that may be causing Apple Music not to work.
- Delete and reinstall Apple Music. Deleting the app will remove all your downloaded content and previous usage data. When you reinstall Apple Music, you’ll have to set up the app again and download all your songs.
- If you’re using iTunes for Windows, uninstall the program and then reinstall it.
- If you can’t download songs or see your album covers, check whether your device has enough storage space. Apple Music needs at least 3-4 GB of available space to download music and perform other tasks.
- Check your internet connection. If you haven’t already downloaded any music or playlists, you won’t be able to play them offline.
- To check if the wireless connection to your device may be causing the problem, try resetting the network settings for your PC, Mac or iOS device.
- If only a few songs won’t play, delete and re-download them.
- Check whether you have an active Apple Music subscription. If not, subscribe to one of their plans or renew your subscription if it has expired.
- Disable High Quality Streaming. On iOS devices, tap Settings > Music > Mobile data and then toggle the High Quality Streaming switch to off.
- Update your device’s operating system.
- Resync your device to Apple Music.
2. Open Apple Music Another Way
If the Apple Music app won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate open, try opening it another way .
- Open Settings > Music.
- Tap Join Apple Music.
3. Enable iCloud Music Library
If you can ’ thymine access your music library, enable the iCloud Music Library by going to Settings > Music and toggle the switch next to iCloud Music Library to turn it on .
4. Enable Automatic Music Downloads
If you can ’ thymine see your recently added songs, enable Automatic Music Downloads .
- On your iOS device, go to Settings >Music > Downloads and tap Automatic Downloads.
- On your Mac, open Music app, select Music > Preferences and then check the Automatic Downloads box.
5. Disable Content Restrictions
sometimes you may want to listen to music with denotative capacity, but you can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate access it due to message restrictions. In such cases, check whether the content is restricted and disable the restrictions .
- On your iOS device, open Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions and tap uncheck Restrictions.
- On a Mac, select Menu > System Preferences > Screen Time > Content & Privacy and select Content.
- Disable Content & Privacy Restrictions.
6. Check if Your Computer Is Authorized to Play the Music
If you find apple Music not playing music you bought from iTunes Store, it may be that your computer international relations and security network ’ t authorized to play the music. You may have besides reached your authorization limit, in which case you can de-authorize one of your devices and authorize the device that you want to use .
To listen to buy songs in a playlist or shared library, enter the Apple ID and password of the person sharing the song with you so you can listen to the music on your computer.
If you used a different Apple ID to buy the songs you ’ re trying to play, right-click the birdcall, go to the menu and check for Remove Download. If you see the Remove Download option, it means that you ’ rhenium signed in with the Apple ID you used to buy the item from iTunes Store .
7. Check the File Format of the Music You’re Trying to Play
If the music charge you ’ re trying to play wasn ’ t created using Music or you didn ’ t download it from iTunes Store, it won ’ metric ton play in Music. only songs in the MPEG-4 AAC format can play in Music and on your device .
8. Enable Sync Library
If all or most of your songs are grayed out, check whether Sync Library is disabled and turn it on for all your devices. Make sure your devices are connected to the internet and they have the latest adaptation of io, iPadOS, macOS or the latest version of iTunes for Windows .
sign in to all your devices with the same Apple ID, get in touch to the internet and then enable Sync Library .
- For iOS devices, open Settings > Music and enable Sync Library.
- On your Mac, open Apple Music, select menu > Music > Preferences and then select Sync Library under the General tab.
- On a PC, open iTunes for Windows, select Edit > Preferences and then enable iCloud Music Library under the General tab.
Note : If you don ’ thyroxine pledge to Apple Music or iTunes Match, the Sync Library or iCloud Music Library options won ’ thymine be available. If they ’ re available and you manage to enable them, and you have a bombastic library, it may take some time to sync your library across all devices .
9. Check Every Song in Your Library
If one or all songs are grayed out, open Apple Music on your Mac or iTunes on your personal computer .
- Select menu > Music > Preferences on your Mac or iTunes > Preferences on your PC.
- Select General tab > Songs list tickboxes > OK.
- Under Library, select Songs and ensure there’s a check next to every song.
If songs are distillery grayed out after uploading your music library, import a new copy of the sung, and then go to File > Library > Update Cloud Library in Apple Music or iTunes .
Note : If you see an ineligible cloud condition icon next to your songs, it means Apple Music may not be able to upload the songs. This icon appears because the songs were purchased using a different Apple ID, not purchased from iTunes Store, or they ’ re excessively large. You can try deleting the sung and adding it spinal column, but if the icon distillery appears future to the song, it means the sung can ’ t be uploaded .
10. Change the Country/Region
If Apple Music crashes after you upgrade your device ’ sulfur operating system, it could be that Apple Music international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine available in your current location. In such cases, changing the state or region may help you get your songs back.
- On your iOS device, tap Settings and tap Apple ID profile.
- Select iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID and select View Apple ID.
- On your Mac or PC, open Apple Music app, select menu > Account > View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and then select Change Country or Region on the Account Information page.
- Select your new country or region, review the Terms & Conditions and then select Agree to confirm. Enter your new payment information, billing address and then select Continue. Change Country/Region to the United States and then save your settings. If Apple Music works again, go back and change the Country/Region to your specific location.
Music Streaming Problems Solved
few things are more frustrating than sudden problems that take your music away. While Apple Music is a useful music streaming app in many ways, it occasionally runs into issues. The fixes above should help you get back to the music ASAP .
Let us know which solution worked for you by leaving a comment below .