When will I get the Status feature?
Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET When your report gets access to Status, you wo n’t have to download or install an app update from the App Store or Play Store — it ‘ll just show up. You ‘ll know if you have access to Status on io when the Contacts tab key gets replaced with a television camera picture ( see photograph above ), and the far-left check reads “ Status. ” Android users will see a new Camera picture to the left field of the Chats tab, following to a new Status pill .
Who can see my Status?
Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET WhatsApp includes privacy settings, giving you complete control over who sees your condition. By default option, only your contacts can view your Status, but the privacy settings let you change that. With the Status yellow journalism selected on an iPhone, water faucet on Privacy. Android users, tap the menu button > Status Privacy. You are given three options :
- My Contacts: All of your WhatsApp contacts can view your Status.
- My Contacts Except…: Select the people you don’t want to show your Status to. This still shares your Status with the rest of your Contact list.
- Only Share With..: Select only with the contacts you want to show your Status to.
If you change your privacy settings after uploading a Status, keep in mind the new settings will entirely impact future updates .
Viewing your friends’ Statuses is a lot like Snapchat
If you already use Snapchat Stories or Instagram Stories, then you ‘ll feel right at home with Status. here are the basics :
- To view a Status uploaded by your friend, open the Status tab. A list of friends who’ve shared a Status will fill in.
- Touch the screen to pause a Status, giving you more time to view it, tap to skip through a Status, or swipe left to go to the next person.
- Swipe up on a status to reply to the the Status you are currently viewing.
…And so is updating your Status
Read more: 100+ Best WhatsApp Quotes & Captions For Your Profile Status – ItsAllBee | Solo Travel & Adventure Tips
Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET WhatsApp Status includes all the familiar features of Snapchat and Instagram Stories — stickers, textbook captions, drawings and more. here ‘s how to update your status :
- To add a photo or video to your WhatsApp Status, open the app and tap the camera icon. Take a photo or video, or pick one from your camera roll.
- You can draw, write and place emojis on the photo. There’s also an option to add a caption that will be shown on the bottom of the photo or video as your contacts watch it.
- Finally, tap the paper airplane icon. You can either send your Status directly to a friend, as a photo or video within a conversation thread, or you can tap My Status at the top of the list to update your Status.
Videos can go longer than 10 seconds
enlarge prototype Screenshot by Jason Cipriani/CNET rather of limiting your video recording status updates to equitable 10 seconds ( like Snapchat ), videos you record and share as a Status can be a long as 45 seconds .
And you can upload GIFs!
In the year 2017, supporting animated images, or GIFs, in an app is a requirement. As such, WhatsApp Status will accept GIFs you ‘ve saved to your camera roll or photos app. Select a GIF, trim it down if you need to, and contribution barely as you would a regular, bore, photograph or video .
Your Status will remain active for 24 hours, after which it disappears. sadly, there does n’t appear to be a way to save a Status to your call. Whatever you capture and create in WhatsApp is limited to WhatsApp .
Find out who’s viewing your Status
A horizon anticipate is placed at the bottom of your screen door, showing you how many people have watched or looked at your status. You can swipe up on the screen door to view a list of contact names who have viewed your Status .
You can get away with screenshots
Unlike Snapchat, WhatsApp does not alert you when a contact takes a screenshot of your Status. In other words, be conscious of precisely what you are sharing to your Status, good because it disappears from your Status after 24 hours does n’t mean no one saved a replicate.
Check out our accomplished steer to Instagram Stories. Snapchat ‘s Spectacles are now available for leverage on-line. here ‘s our reappraisal .
Category : Best Whatsapp Status