What To Know
- Most Phones: Settings > Sound > Phone Ringtone. Choose the tone, and press OK or Save.
- Samsung: Settings > Sounds and vibration > Ringtone. Choose your ringtone, and press the back arrow.
This article explains how to set your ringtone on a variety of Android phones equally well as how to download newfangled ringtones and transfer them to your phone. The instructions below apply no topic who made your android telephone : Samsung, Google, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc .
How to Set Default Ringtones
Depending on the model of Android call you have, you can choose from several stock ringtones. here ‘s how to find and browse through them :
- Open your call ‘s Settings app .
- Tap on Sound .
The sound settings contain all sorts of options to adjust the different volume levels and tones on your device. These vary slightly based on your device and the translation of Android that it ‘s running, but they should all be fairly similar. Find the Phone Ringtone option and select it .
Depending on which version of Android you ‘re using, the Phone Ringtone option might be under the Advanced section. If thus, wiretap on the down arrow to open it up .
From here, you see a list of ringtones or a number of ringtone categories available on your device. You can tap a ringtone once to hear what it sounds like. When you find one you want to use as your nonpayment ringer, tap OK or Save to save the excerpt .
How to Set Default Ringtones on Samsung Phones
If you own a Samsung device, the serve for setting a ringtone is a little different. here ‘s how to do it :
- Launch the Settings app, then tap Sounds and vibration .
- Find Ringtone in the list and tap it .
- Choose the ringtone you want to set for your telephone .
ultimately, tap the back arrow at the bottom of your screen to set your new ringtone. You can tap the Home button to dismiss the Settings app .
How to Download New Ringtones From Your Computer
The simplest and least expensive way to get new ringtones is to transfer them over from your calculator. Most android devices can use regular music files as ringtones .
While batch of devices accept other formats, sticking to MP3 and OGG is by and large a good mind.
- Connect your Android device to your calculator via a USB cable. normally, you can use the cable that ‘s part of your charger .
- On your Android device, swipe down from the clear of the screen to see your notifications. You should see a system presentment stating that your device is connected via USB for charging. Tap that telling .
A raw dialogue box opens up and allows you to choose what the USB is used for. Choose File transfer. Your calculator might automatically open a window showing the call ‘s memory. If it does, skip to Step 6 .
- If your calculator does n’t automatically navigate to the phone ‘s storage, open Windows Explorer or whichever file browser is available on your system .
navigate to where your device is mounted. This is the lapp location your personal computer displays connected USB drives. On Windows, it ‘s This PC .
In your Android device ‘s inner memory, discovery and open the Ringtones booklet .
- Copy any music files you want to use as ringtones into this folder. When you return to your telephone ‘s Sound settings, you should find them listed among the nonpayment arrangement ringtones .
Where to Find Ringtones Online
If your phone ‘s default ringtones do n’t offer the level of customization you want, go to Google Play and do a quick research for ringtones. The research results include many apps—some paid and some absolve. here are two free apps worth considering :
Make your earphone a conversation crank with absolve ringtones when you download the ZEDGE app. It besides includes notification sounds, app icons, alarms, and free wallpapers. You can download and use a high-quality ringtone for each penis of your kin or for each of your friends. Categories include rock, rap, and country, plus classical ringtones and audio effects. Assign the ringtones to individual contacts from within the app .
When you download the RingDroid app, you ‘ll be able to use up to 30 seconds of a sung in your media library and create a ringtone from it. It takes a small while to get used to the interface, but once you make a few ringtones, the process is easy and effective .