Remix a song with GarageBand for iPhone
You can remix a GarageBand song in real time, in either the Tracks area or the live Loops power system. Using the Remix FX, you can scratch mix the song like a DJ using a turntable, play the song in overrule, stop or downsample the song, and use a kind of remix effects . Remix FX includes a hardening of buttons and XY pads which you can use to control diverse effects. The three cardinal buttons are : Reverse, Scratch, and Tape Stop. The two vertical sliders are : Gater and Downsampler. The selectable effects for the XY pads include Filter, Wobble, Orbit, Repeater, Reverb, and Delay effects. You can besides control the XY pads with the motion sensors on your iPhone using Gyro Control, and lock an effect using FX Lock, so it continues to sound after you lift your finger. After you record a remix, you can edit the Remix FX region like other regions in Tracks opinion. If you cut or shorten the FX Remix region made with a lock effect, that effect shuts off at the end of the area, and starts again at the start of the next region when you play the remix.
Open the Remix FX controls
- In the control prevention, tap the FX button. To close the Remix FX, tap the FX button again .
Turn on Gyro Control
- Tap the Gyro Control button above the XY pad .
Lock an effect
- Tap the FX Lock push button above one of the XY pads. To unlock the effect, tap the Reset button, or double-tap the FX clitoris .
Record a remix
- For the XY pad, tap the effect identify, then choose the effect to use for that diggings.
- Tap the Record clitoris .
- As the song plays, use the Remix FX buttons, XY pads, and other controls. A imperial region with your changes appears in the FX path at the bottom of the Tracks sphere .
- When you finish, tap the Play button to stop record .
Bypass Remix FX when you play a song
- In Tracks view, drag a racetrack header right to show the track controls.
- In the FX traverse, tap the On/Off release to bypass the Remix FX. To hear the Remix FX again, tap the On/Off button again .
You can besides merge one or more tracks with the FX lead. Any effects recorded to the FX track are added to the new Audio Recorder track, and the FX traverse is turned off ( so the effects are audible lone on the modern track ) .