Related: How to Delete Music from Your iPhone But Not From iTunes or iCloud Music Library
How To Download Apple Music or iTunes Songs to Your iPhone
Use this proficiency if you do n’t have a calculator or if you only want to send a few playlists in iTunes or Apple Music to your device. If you good want to see your what ‘s been played, check out how to view your Apple Music history .
- In the Music app on your iPhone, tap the Library tab .
- From here, you can either choose Album sulfur, Songs, or Playlists .
If you select songs, you ’ ll indigence to scroll through your number and tap the cloud-shaped download icon adjacent to every birdcall.
To download Albums or Playlists, either : long press the album title or playlist title until a menu appears.
then tap Download, or open a specific Album or Playlist and then tap on the iCloud icon at the acme right.
- If you have a large library, it will take some clock time to download every album and playlist. therefore make sure you ‘re using Wi-Fi to download all that music, and I recommend charging your iPhone during the action excessively. You may even want to do this overnight .
This is not the firm method acting. It ‘s can be frustrating and clock consume to go through your whole library and download each token one at a time, but if you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate have access to a computer and you in truth want to download all of your Apple Music or iTunes songs for offline listening, this method will work ( with solitaire ) .
bet on to Top
How to Download All Your Songs Using Music on a Mac or iTunes on a Windows PC
Use this trick if you want to download your entire library without tapping the download clitoris over and over again .
You will need a computer with iTunes or a Mac with MacOS Catalina or late .
- clear Music on your Mac or iTunes on your Windows Computer. You do n’t need to download all your music to this computer, but you can if you want .
At the very top, blue-ribbon File, choose New, and snap Smart Playlist.
A box will pop up where you can set rules for how the Smart Playlist decides which songs to add.
- Leave Match checked and Music selected. The playlist will add songs that match the following rule.
- Select Time from the second drop-down box and is greater than in the second. The playlist will add songs based on their length (time) being longer than the value you set next.
- Type 00:00 in the time formatted box; that way all your songs will be included since they are all longer than zero seconds.
- Make sure Limit to is unchecked.
- Check Live updating so that new songs added to your Apple Music Library are downloaded too.
- Click Okay.
Give the playlist a diagnose such as All Music. I named mine Everything.
How it works : Because it ‘s a bright playlist, it will automatically include every sung you add in Apple Music and every birdcall you purchase in iTunes that meet its criteria. And, because it ‘s a playlist, you can tap the download icon at the top to download the solid thing. It does n’t matter how much music you have on the computer you use to create this playlist. This playlist will constantly include all the music available for download .
Pro Tip: It is common for Apple Music to open automatically on your Mac. You can turn this off if you do n’t find it helpful.
now we need to move this playlist to your iPhone. There are two ways to do that : with an Apple Music subscription, or with a USB Cable .
If you have an Apple Music subscription:
In Music on your Mac click the Music menu and blue-ribbon Preferences > General, and there check Sync Library. If you do n’t see that choice then you probably do n’t have an active Apple Music subscription.
You can besides check on your iPhone in Settings > Music to make indisputable Sync Library is turned on there vitamin a well as on your Mac.
nowadays your playlist will automatically appear on your iPhone .
If you do not have an Apple Music Subscription:
Use the steps in the section below titled How to Download All Your iTunes Music to Your iPhone with a USB Cable to send your playlist to your iPhone .
- Either way, once the playlist is on your iPhone, capable Music on your iPhone .
Tap My Library. Select Playlists.
Choose the playlist you just created on your computer.
Tap the download icon that ’ randomness future to the album art at the top of your playlist. All of your music will begin to download !
Depending on the size of your collection, this could take a while. I recommend keeping your iPhone plugged in and turning auto-lock off while all of your music downloads .
back to top .
How To Download All iTunes Music to Your iPhone Using a USB Cable
Use this method acting if you ‘ve got your music library on your computer, or if you ‘ve done the steps above but do n’t have an Apple Music subscription .
You will need a calculator with iTunes or a Mac with MacOS Catalina or late .
- Plug your iPhone into your computer with the USB cable.
- Open Music on your Mac or iTunes on your Windows computer.
- Optional: If you already have some music on your iPhone, then right-click on the icon for your iPhone in the location bar on the left and select Transfer Purchases. This will copy any music on your iPhone over to your computer. Wait for it to finish.
- Now, in Finder on your Mac, click on your iPhone in the location bar. On a Windows computer, click on the tiny Phone icon at the upper left of the iTunes interface.
- You should see an interface much like what is pictured below. It will be a little different on a Windows computer, but all the same functions should be present. Click on the Music tab.
- On the Music tab, check Sync Music.
- If you’ve already downloaded your music library to your computer then you can sync the music from your computer directly to the iPhone over the cable. If you followed the steps above to create a single smart playlist with all your music then all you need to do is send the playlist you made to your iPhone. Either way, I recommend choosing Selected artists, albums, genres, and playlists.
- In the list of available music, select the Playlists tab. You can check the boxes next to whatever playlists you’d like to put on your iPhone, but in particular, you want to send that smart playlist you made.
- Click Apply. This will send all the files you selected on your Mac to your iPhone, replacing any other music or iTunes media you already had on the iPhone. In my case, the only file I sent to my iPhone was the smart playlist.
- Once the sync finishes, you can eject your iPhone from your Mac or Windows Machine like you would any other USB device. You should find the playlists, artists, and songs you added in the Music app on your iPhone.
- (Optional) If you created a smart playlist following the steps in the section above, then you’ll want to tap the download icon for that playlist to download your entire music library to your iPhone.
back to top .
Make Sure All Future Music Is Automatically Downloaded to Apple Music
now that you ’ ve gone through the worry of downloading all of your music to your iPhone, you credibly don ’ thymine want to need to do all of this again. Well, you can turn on a set up in Music that makes it so wholly songs that are added to your iCloud Music Library automatically download to your device for offline heed. here ’ s how to turn that setting on .
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone .
- Tap Music .
Under Downloads, toggle on Automatic Downloads.
nowadays, all of your future music will mechanically download to your iPhone. Worried about it taking up besides a lot quad on your device ? Use this tip to Optimize Storage for Apple Music.
top Image credit : GongTo / Shutterstock.com