Make Custom Ringtone for iPhone Using iTunes or Music App
If you are using a desktop with Windows or macOS Mojave and early, use iTunes, or consider using Music App for macOS Catalina and by and by. In either scenario, steps are identical .
- Inside the Music app or iTunes, locate the song of which you wish to create a ringtone. It can be a purchased track from the iTunes store or downloaded from elsewhere. Please note that Apple Music songs are DRM-protected and can not be used to create a ringtone.
- Right-click on the song and select Get Info. In iTunes for Windows, it is called Song Info.
- Choose the Options tab. Check the box for ‘start‘ and ‘stop‘ and enter the song’s desired segment. This will be the starting point and endpoint of your ringtone. Make sure it does not exceed 40 seconds. Finally, click on ‘OK.’
Important: The meter duration between ‘ start ’ and ‘ stop ’ must strictly be up to 40 seconds. If it is more than this, the ringtone won ’ thymine be reflected. Further, if you plan to use this as an alarm tonicity for messages, emails, etc. then the duration must be 30 seconds or less .
- Click to select the song. Now, from the menu bar, click on File → Convert → Create AAC Version. This new version will have the same name as the original song. However, its duration will be less than 40 or 30 seconds (as chosen by you).
- Right-click on this new version of the song and select Show in Finder. On Windows PC, click on Show in Windows Explorer.
- iPhone recognizes only .m4r as a ringtone. So, we will have to rename this audio file’s extension. To do this, right-click on the file and choose Rename. Change .m4a to .m4r → From the popup, click on Use .m4r. You have successfully created the ringtone. Now, we need to transfer it to the iPhone.
But before that, do not forget to follow step 3 again and uncheck the ‘start’ and ‘stop’ checkboxes for the original song. This will ensure that the song normally plays from the beginning to the end.
- Use a Lightning cable to connect your iPhone with the computer. On macOS Catalina and later, open Finder and from the left sidebar, click on your device’s name. Click on Trust. Now unlock your iPhone and enter its passcode. To ‘Trust’ on Windows PC and older Macs, open iTunes. Click Continue. After that, unlock your iPhone and enter its passcode.
- From the General tab inside Finder or iTunes, check the box to Manually manage music, movies, and TV shows. Click on Apply.
- Drag the .m4r ringtone file on the iPhone’s sync window inside Finder or Music app. In iTunes, click on Tones under ‘On My Device’ and drag the file here.
now, let us see how to set this song as your ringtone on the iPhone.
How to Set a Song as a Ringtone on iPhone
- Open the Settings app and tap on Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap on Ringtone. You will see your custom tone at the top of the list. Tap on it to set it as your ringtone.
If the duration is less than 30 seconds, you can use this custom tone as textbook tonicity, new chain mail tone, reminder alerts, etc .
To delete this ringtone, swipe right to left on it and tap on ‘ Delete. ’
Wrapping Up !
Using the above steps, you can effortlessly create as many amazing ringtones you like.
Use Third-Party Apps: You can besides use ringtone apps for this job. Besides letting you create custom tones from songs saved in the iPhone Music library, these apps even have a rich library of premade sounds from assorted categories. once you create your ringtone, you will have to use a computer to copy these tones from the app and transfer it to the iPhone .
Create Custom Ringtone Without Computer: If you do not wish to use a desktop, you can well create ringtone straight on your iPhone or iPad. It requires GarageBand, which is a unblock app from Apple .
Buy Tones: You can besides purchase ringtones of several popular songs from the ‘ Tones ’ section of the iTunes Store app .