Most of the Motorola smartphone users do not know that they could easily set a ringtone of their choice for the calls, messages and app notifications they receive. many suggest to download and install third party applications available in Google Play to set custom ringtones. I suggest not to download any such application and follow the childlike steps provided below to achieve the like .
Follow the below steps to set custom ringtone on Moto Z or Moto Z Play or Moto M
- Connect your phone to the computer with the supplied USB cable. See that Mass Storage is enabled so that you could copy files present in your personal computer into the internal storage of your phone.
- Gather all the music files you want to set as custom ringtones and prepare them in your PC by copying them into a folder for easy copying.
- After connecting your phone to the PC, find the folder called Ringtones in the phone’s internal storage.
- Copy all the music files of your choice into that folder and safely disconnect your handset from PC.
- Now you could find all the music files which you have selectively copied in your phone ringtone settings.
If you do not know how to select a ringtone in your device from settings, follow the below simple steps.
- Open the Settings application
- Tap on Sound & notification
- Select the option Phone ringtone
- You can now choose a ringtone from the list of ringtones available
If you do not have a computer and need an alternative to set ringtone of your choice in your moto telephone, then the below steps are for you. You need to have a File Manager or File Explorer installed in your smartphone to follow this method. If you do not have a file director, you can download it from here – hypertext transfer protocol : //play.google.com/store/apps/details ? id=com.rhmsoft.fm
- Open your file manager and then find the mp3 files you want to use as custom ringtones in your Moto Z or Moto Z Play or Moto M.
- Select those files and use the “Copy” option present in the file manager to copy those files.
- Navigate to the ‘Ringtones’ folder present in your phone’s internal storage and paste the files into that folder.
- Go directly to ringtone settings. You could find all your copied music files also along with the default ones.
Add custom message tones and notification tones in Moto Z, Moto Z Play and Moto M
The procedure is same to set a custom-made message tone or presentment tone excessively. You need to copy the music files into Ringtones folder and then find the message ringtone settings to select the ringtone. You could besides set a customs presentment for each application besides. For changing the telling tones for apps like Gmail, Ymail, Facebook etc.., all you need to do is to find the presentment settings and choose a ringtone.
Set a different ringtone for each contact in your Moto Z, Moto Z Play and Moto M
- Open ‘Contacts’ application in your phone.
- Find the contact for which you want to set a different ringtone.
- Tap on that contact and under ringtones, tap on the option ‘default’.
- Select the ringtone of your choice and touch OK.
Please do write in the comments section below if you still face any difficulty in setting a custom ringtone .