What to Know
- To disable autoplay in Apple Music on iPhone, open the current song and tap the Autoplay icon until it’s deselected.
- Repeat these steps and highlight the Autoplay icon to enable or turn on continuous play in Apple Music.
- Turning off your iPhone’s Bluetooth and properly closing apps can stop Apple Music from playing automatically too.
This article will show you how to stop Apple Music from automatically playing on iPhone after a birdcall or album has finished. It besides covers several rise tips to prevent the io app from turning on by itself when connecting to another device, such as a car system, AirPods, headphones, or a Bluetooth speaker .
How to Stop Apple Music From Automatically Playing on iPhone
By default, the io Music app will endlessly play songs from the Apple Music library until assure otherwise. It can be frustrating when you want to listen to a single tune or album and then go about your day .
here ’ s how to stop Apple Music from playing tracks automatically .
Open the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch .
The io Music app is a completely separate app from the iTunes Store app .
Tap the mini-player along the bottom of the filmdom that shows the current birdcall that ‘s play. If nothing is playing, begin playing one .
It doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate matter which sung you play as this change we ’ re about to make to Apple Music ’ s Autoplay settings will apply across the app for all tracks .
Tap the Up Next picture in the lower-right corner of the screen .
It ’ s the one that looks like three dots and lines stacked on top of each other .
If Autoplay is activated, you should see an Autoplay playlist in the lower half of the screen door and a foreground Autoplay picture to the proper of the song play. Tap the Autoplay picture to disable it .
The Autoplay icon is the one that looks like an eternity symbol .
- If done correctly, the Autoplay playlist should immediately disappear, and the Apple Music will now stop mechanically playing music.
You can now return to the app ‘s front screen by tapping the Up Next icon once again and then swiping down to minimize the musician .
If you ever want to enable Autoplay in Apple Music, recur these steps and make surely that the picture is highlighted and the Autoplay playlist is visible .
Tips to Stop Apple Music From Playing automatically
sometimes Apple Music can seem to start up mechanically when connecting to a car system, a speaker, or a pair of headphones or earphones. While it ’ s improbable that the lawsuit is an official iPhone or Apple Music sport, there are placid several things you may want to try to prevent this from happening .
- Put your AirPods in their case. Apple AirPods can detect when you’re wearing them, but they can be tricked by gripping them in your hand or even having them in a dark pocket. Putting them in the case will ensure they don’t turn on by themselves and automatically trigger music playback.
- Watch your earphones. Similar to Apple’s AirPods, many earphones allow you to control music on an iPhone and make it appear as if apps are automatically playing by themselves.
- Disable Bluetooth on your iPhone. If Apple Music keeps playing automatically every time you get into your car, the easiest way to stop it is to turn off your iPhone or iPad’s Bluetooth to prevent a connection from being made. You may also want to turn off your car’s Bluetooth if you don’t use it for anything else.
- Is it Apple Music or Spotify? Many smart cars and speakers have built-in Spotify functionality. Spotify could be acting up instead of Apple Music. If your device has a display, check to see which app is playing.
- Disable Handoff. The iPhone’s Handoff feature continues media playback on devices once they’re detected automatically. You can customize and even disable Handoff by opening Settings and going to General > AirPlay & Handoff.