If your Android phone ‘s volume is besides humble, or the sound is wholly muted, you can try several ways to fix your telephone ‘s speakers or earphone. There could be a few reasons why your Android earphone ‘s voice is n’t working. Instructions in this article apply to phones running Android 7.0 ( Nougat ) or later. All steps are the lapp careless of your carrier or who made your telephone. several issues can cause problems with Android telephone speakers : If your earphone ‘s volume is still besides first gear after ruling out the above issues, there are legal boosters and equalizer apps you can try to improve your device ‘s sound performance.
Turn off Do Not Disturb Mode. Along with silencing your toller, Do Not Disturb mode besides mutes all speaker and earphone volume. To deactivate it :
- Open your phone’s Settings and tap Sound and vibration.
- If Do not disturb is On, tap the toggle switch to turn it off.
Turn off Bluetooth. To untether your earphone from Bluetooth devices, swipe down to reveal the Quick Settings, then tap the Bluetooth icon so that it turns gray .
You can besides deactivate Bluetooth by going to Settings > Connections and switching off the toggle beside Bluetooth .
- Brush the dust off your external speakers. If your speakers aren ’ thyroxine putting out what they used to, try cleaning them out. A compressed atmosphere can works better if you have it, but a clean brush can do the antic besides .
- Clear the lint out of your headphone jack. lint can get trapped in your earphone jack and compacted down far when plugging in headphones. You can use a sew phonograph needle or safety pin to skewer bits of lint and scoop them out .
- Test your headphones to see if they are shorted. If your headphones are fairly old, heavily worn, kinked in places from repeated spool and unspooling, or have gotten wet more than a few times, they ‘re more probably to die on you from wiring coming untie or shorting out. Try out a different set of headphones and see if your sound comes rear .
Adjust your sound with an equalizer app. If your audio is only faint alternatively of completely thwarted, it might be time to tweak it with an equalizer app, which lets you change the saturation levels of certain sonic frequencies in the audio emanate from your speakers or headphones. This is the best solution if your healthy is imbalanced and you equitable need to amp up sealed frequencies, such as if you need to make up for impair earshot ranges or you have skewed backdrop make noise to cut through .
If you ’ re not indisputable what adjustments to make, one celebrated standout is the Neutralizer app from Javeo Software. alternatively of leaving the pluck to the user, Neutralizer runs a diagnostic scan to determine which frequencies need boosting, and which need toning down. To equalize your telephone ‘s heavy :
- Open the Neutralizer app and tap Plus (+) icon in the bottom-right of the home screen. You’ll then be prompted to give your sound profile a name.
- From here, Neutralizer will play a tone that you can manipulate in intensity using the circular dial at the bottom of the screen. Once set to where you can barely hear the tone, tap the arrow in the lower-right of the graph and do the same for the next tone. After doing this for all tones, tap the checkmark in the top-right corner to save your settings.
- Toggle the switch in the upper-right of your profile to On to enable your custom soundscape.
Use a volume booster app. many counterweight apps, like Equalizer FX, allow you to increase your earphone ‘s overall volume. On inauguration, the app presents a default visibility which you can edit. To up your volume, go to the Effects pill, switch the Loudness Enhancer to On and move the luger to the correct until you ’ re satisfied .
For this or other equalizers to work, you might have to disable Android ’ s built-in counterweight in your Apps & notifications settings .
Adjust volume from settings to circumvent a broken volume rocker. If your audio is n’t muted and you calm ca n’t adjust the volume, it might be due to a malfunction volume rocker, the unmarried up-down hardware volume button on the side of your phone that rocks back and away. This may result from scatter or dirt accumulating under the rocker button and stopping it from depressing, or it ‘s possible the association between the rocker and the rest of your hardware has been broken .
To increase the volume without using the rocker, access your Settings and go to Sound and vibrations > Volume, then drag the Media Volume skidder to the correct.
Close any open audio-playing apps. Some apps that play audio and/or video recording have their own app-specific volume settings, which can alter the book of your system while running in the background. The most coarse culprits are misconfigured or balmy equalizer apps. Since they ‘re designed to take priority over the system volume, they can suppress book if set up incorrectly. To close them, bring up your open apps and swipe them to the slope .
If you suspect apps are hush running in the background, try rebooting your device .
To make certain the volume on your phone is working properly :