What to Know
- For Apple Music, touch and hold desired music, then tap Add to Library > Library, choose music, and select Download.
- For YouTube Music, navigate to desired music and select Download.
- For iCloud Drive, on Mac, open Finder > iCloud Drive > File > New Folder, name it Music, and drag music to the Music folder.
This article explains how to add music to an iPhone using Apple Music, YouTube Music, and an iCloud Drive. Instructions apply to iOS 10.0 and up, and macOS 10.10 and up.
Download Music From Apple Music to Your iPhone
Apple Music offers millions of tracks that can be streamed over a radio network, but you can besides save those tracks ( or playlists, albums, or videos ) to your iPhone to enjoy offline.
To enable this feature, turn on Library Syncing for your Apple ID. Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Sync Library .
If you want all the songs you add from Apple Music to download to your iPhone automatically, go to Settings > Music and turn on Automatic Downloads.
- Open the Apple Music App on your iPhone and voyage to the birdcall, album, playlist, or video you want to download .
- allude and hold the song, album, playlist, or video, and then tap Add to Library .
- Go to your Library and tap the birdcall, album, playlist or television you fair added .
Tap the Download icon ( cloud with a down arrow. )
- Your song, album, playlist, or video has been downloaded and you can enjoy it on your iPhone even when offline .
Download Music From YouTube Music to Your iPhone
If you ‘re a YouTube Music Premium member, enjoy music offline by downloading your favored songs, playlists, or albums to your iPhone .
- assailable YouTube Music and navigate to the song, album, or playlist you want to download .
- Tap the Download arrow .
The sung, album, or playlist is now added to the Downloads segment of your Library, and you can enjoy it offline anytime .
Add Music to Your iPhone Using iCloud Drive
If you have your music solicitation on your Mac and/or an external hard drive and are comfortable manually managing your songs, use iCloud Drive to add tracks to your iPhone .
iCloud ‘s terms explicitly prohibit the upload of content for which you do n’t have the express license to copy or share. Saving music you do n’t have the correct rights to upload, even for personal listen, could lead to your iCloud account being suspended.
On your Mac, assailable Finder and navigate to iCloud Drive .
Select File > New Folder ( or press Shift + Command + N ). This creates a raw ignoble booklet .
- list the booklet “ Music. ”
- Open the Music booklet .
Locate the tracks you want to access on your iPhone. Drag them across to your Music booklet .
If you want to be certain the tracks remain available in their original folders, transcript and paste them to your Music booklet, quite than drag and drop. To do this, crusade Command + C to copy it from its original placement, and then press Command + V to paste it into the Music booklet .
Your music will mechanically upload to iCloud Drive .
- once your tracks have uploaded, your music will be available via iCloud on your iPhone. To access them, open the Files app on your iPhone .
- Tap iCloud Drive .
- navigate to and tap the Music folder to open it. You ‘ll see the same tracks you uploaded via your Mac .
Tap the path you want to play and it will automatically download to your device. alternatively, tap the cloud and arrow icon to save the chase to your iPhone .
Tap any chase to play it within iCloud Drive .
Your iCloud Drive files on your iPhone are mirrored to your iCloud Drive Files on your Mac. If you delete tracks on your iPhone, they ‘re automatically deleted on your Mac, and frailty versa .
- Your music is now saved to your iPhone .