What to Know
- Open the Music app and tap Library > Playlists > New Playlist. Give it a name, a description, and a photo.
- Tap Add Music to add songs to the playlist. Tap each song to place a checkmark next to it and add it. Tap Done to save the list.
- To edit a playlist, tap the playlist and select Edit. To delete it, hard press the playlist and select Delete from Library > Delete Playlist.
This article explains how to create and manage music playlists on the iPhone. Instructions apply to iOS 12 and include a few minor changes from io 11 and io 10 .
Make Playlists on iPhone
To make a playlist on an iPhone or ipod touch :
- Tap the Music app to open it .
- Tap Library .
- Tap Playlists .
- Select New Playlist .
Tap Playlist Name and enter a name .
- Tap Description and enter information about the playlist .
To add a photograph to the playlist, tap the camera icon and choose Take Photo or Choose Photo. then, follow the on-screen prompts .
If you do n’t take a photograph or liaison to one, the Music app makes a collage from the album artwork of music you include and assigns it to the playlist .
- To add music to the playlist, water faucet Add Music .
- search for music. If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can choose from the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can besides browse your library or choice from Artists, Albums, Songs, Compilations, and Downloaded Music .
- When you find a song you want to add to the playlist, tap it to place a check target next to it .
When you ‘ve checked all the songs you want, wiretap Done to save the playlist .
edit and Delete Playlists on the iPhone
To edit or delete existing playlists on an iPhone :
- On the Playlist screen, tap the playlist you want to change to open it.
- To rearrange the arrange of the songs in the playlist, tap Edit .
- Drag the three-line icon to the right of a song to move it to a different location .
When the songs are in the order you want, tap Done to save the changes .
To delete an individual sung from a playlist, tap Edit, tap the red clitoris to the left of the song, then tap Delete. When you ‘re done editing the playlist, tap Done to save the changes .
To delete a playlist, heavily press ( Apple calls this 3D reach ) the list of the playlist, blue-ribbon Delete from Library, then tap Delete Playlist to confirm .
here ‘s another way to delete a playlist. Open the playlist, tap the menu button ( the … icon ), blue-ribbon Remove, then tap Delete from Library .
Add Songs to Playlists
There are two ways to add songs to existing playlists :
Open a playlist, tap Edit, rap Add Music, then choose music from any of the sections of your library. To add a birdcall to the playlist, tap the song title to place a check commemorate next to it. Tap Done when you ‘re finished .
If you ‘re listening to a birdcall that you want to add to a playlist, display the birdcall in full-screen manner, tap the menu release ( the … picture ), tap Add to a Playlist, then tap the playlist .
Make Smart Playlists in iTunes
In standard playlists, you choose the songs to include and the order of the songs. If you want something a little smarter—for exemplar, a playlist that includes all the songs by an artist or composer or all songs with a sealed asterisk evaluation —and something that automatically updates when newfangled songs are added, create a Smart Playlist .
With Smart Playlists, you set the criteria and iTunes automatically creates a list of songs that match and updates it with new songs every time you add one that matches its parameters .
fresh Playlists can only be created in the desktop translation of iTunes, but after you create them there, sync them to your iPhone or iPod Touch .