How to add custom ringtones to iPhone – via the iTunes Store
The easiest direction to add a ringtone of your choice to an iPhone is by using a tone from iTunes shop :
- Open your iPhone’s “Settings” app.
- Tap “Sounds” and then “Ringtone”.
- Tap “Tone Store”, then search a tone that you like. Tap on the price to buy the tone.
- You can now set the song as a default ringtone, text tone or assign it to a contact. If you prefer doing that later, tap “Done”.
- If you want to activate a ringtone you bought some time ago (using the same Apple ID), go to “Settings” > “Ringtone” and tap “Download All Purchased Tones”. (If you don’t see this option, you’ve already downloaded all the ringtones and didn’t purchase any new ones.)
How to add a custom ringtone using iTunes Store (c) Screenshot
How to add AAC file to iPhone ringtone with iTunes
Besides buying ringtones, you can besides use a sound file of your choice. You ’ ll have to import it using iTunes :
- Make sure that your ringtone file is maximum 40 seconds of length. Longer ringtones won’t sync to your iOS device using iTunes. If needed, use a software to edit the sound file.
- Download and launch the latest iTunes version on your computer.
- The file you want to use must be in AAC format and have a .m4r extension. If it’s saved as an MP3 or in another format, you must first convert it. (If you already have it in the AAC format, skip the next two steps. If it has the .m4r extension, skip the next three steps.)
- This is how you convert the file in iTunes: open your “Library” in iTunes, then drag and drop the file.
- Afterwards, find it under “Library” > “Songs“. Select the file, then click “File” in the top-left corner. Choose “Convert” from the dropdown menu and then “Create AAC Version“.
- If you’ve just converted the file in iTunes, you will have two sound files with the same name. In order to be able to tell them apart, you should remove the original MP3 file from iTunes or rename the AAC file. In your “Library”, right-click the headings and check “Kind”.
- You’ll see a new column, showing the type of file. Delete the “MPEG audio file” or rename the AAC file.
- Now that you know which file is the correct one, drag and drop it to your desktop or to a folder of your choice. Then, right-click and rename it: it should have the extension .m4r
- To add the ringtone to your iPhone, connect your phone to your computer. If you’re using this computer for the first time, confirm that you “Trust This Computer” and enter your PIN code.
- In iTunes, you’ll see a symbol indicating your device (the iPhone), next to the “Library” tab. Click that symbol.
- In the column on the left, click “Tones”. Then drag and drop (or copy and paste) your ringtone file (extension .m4r).
- Wait for iTunes to sync the ringtone to your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open “Settings” > “Sounds” > “Ringtone” and choose the ringtone.
How to add ringtones to iPhone without iTunes
Time needed : 4 minutes.
It is besides possible to add a ringtone without using iTunes. For this to work, you need the app GarageBand.
- Download and save a song via Music Library or Apple Files inaugural, download and save the song you want to use as a ringtone either to your Music Library or the Apple Files app.
- Open GarageBand
- Import the song by selecting “Drums” import the sung by selecting “ Drums ” in the traverse section
- Click on “Smart Drums”
- Click “View” and “Loop Browser”
- Select the “Files” tab Select the “ Files ” tab and find the sung you want to use. Drag it to the left or right of the window to add it to GarageBand.
- Tap the “+” icon in the upper right corner only a short snip of your sung will be played. To change that, add extra bars by tapping the “ + ” icon in the upper right. In this step you can besides further customize your birdcall.
- Tap on the drop-down arrow & select “My Songs” once you ’ re happy with the leave, solicit on the drop-down arrow ( top leftover ) and choose “ My Songs ”.
- Tap the title if you want to change the title name Your ringtone will mechanically be saved as “ My Song ” unless you change its name. To do this, simply tap the title.
- Tap and hold the thumbnail, then select “Share” followed by the “Ringtone” icon. Find your created ringtone in the telephone ’ randomness storage. Tap and hold the thumbnail, then select “ Share ” followed by the “ Ringtone ” icon.
- Tap “Export” appoint the ringtone. Once you ’ re done, tap “ Export ”.
- Set your custom ringtone as your “Standard Ringtone” once the export is finished, you can directly set your custom ringtone as your “ Standard Ringtone ” by simply selecting said option. alternatively, go to “ Settings ” > “ Sounds ” > “ Ringtone ” and select your custom ringtone there.
How to create a custome ringtone
You can create your own ringtone with the pre-installed app GarageBand .
- First open the app and import your desired ringtone.
- Cut the title to a maximum of 30 seconds. Then save the cut-out.
- Now select the excerpt in the app by holding your finger on the title for a few seconds. The option “Ringtone or beep” will open. Tap on “Ringtone” and select “Export”.
- Then go to “Settings”, “Tones & Feel”, “Ringtone” as usual and select the title from the list.
- However, GarageBand takes some getting used to until you can work confidently with it. if you want to save time and effort, there are also alternatives.
- “Ringtone Maker” and “Ringtone Designer” are two free apps that also allow you to make your own ringtones.
- There is also the paid counterpart “Ringer” for 2.68 Dollars.
- You can find the apps in the App Store.
Category : Indian Music Chart