163 – Husband
164 – Wife
223 – Partner ( female )
224 – Partner ( male )
240 – Family Member
241 – Partner ( gender neutral ) Techie Note: We can modify the page your browser has downloaded to send a hidden index number back to Facebook as your newfangled relationship character. So wholly you have to do is get your browser to send a issue that isn ’ metric ton on the list. homework time : 1 minute. cook meter : 3 minutes Ingredients:
- Desktop computer or laptop
- Google Chrome
- Partners (2 is fine, but add more if you desire)
- Log in to Facebook
- Open the “Family and Relationships” section on your Facebook (Your profile > About > Family and Relationships)
- Type in your partner’s name and select your relevant privacy setting.
- Right Click “Choose Relationship” and select “Inspect”. The Developer Tools will open at the bottom of your screen. (Don’t panic! It might look like we’re getting super technical, but it’s quick and easy, I promise!)
- In DevTools you should have a the “Elements” section selected with a tag highlighted, it should start with
- The next line you’ve just revealed should be . Double click on the 0 and enter a different number from the list above.
- (optional) Step 6 will add in your desired partner, but “Choose Relationship” will still be shown in the drop down until after you save. If you’re a visual person, “Choose Relationship” (inside DevTools, next to the 0 you just changed) can be changed to your desired partner label. Note: You in this section you can’t add any ol’ label and have it appear after it’s been saved. It’s all based on the number code, this part is just for looks before you save it.
- Exit DevTools by pressing F12
- Click “Save Changes”
That ’ s it ! A request to your selected spouse will be sent for them to accept. If they don ’ triiodothyronine accept, “ pending ” will just remain beside “ partner ” but they will still remain on your profile. Once they accept “ pending ” is removed, and you are besides listed in the “ Family and Relationships ” section on their visibility a well. It should look something like this : Bonus Tip: If you like the big announcement that comes from adding a newfangled relationship on Facebook ( through the “ Relationship Status ” segment ) and are a piece bummed that this method acting doesn ’ t offer that, I have a solution ! By going to the “ Life Events ” section ( Your Profile > About > Life Events ) you can add relationships this way, and they will show up in News Feeds and on Timelines. Again please make sure they ’ rhenium OK with the publicity. This shouldn ’ t affect your actual “ Relationship Status ” on Facebook, but I am so far to test this.
Notes: I had a bit of difficulty using the gendered codes for the second partner, I ended up just using 241 – Partner ( gender neutral ) and it worked. My girlfriend besides had success adding my meta using the 241 code as well. If your browser opens DevTools on the side of your sieve just click the three erect dots in the top right corner, then select the “ Dock to bottom ” icon .