How to Verify Your Facebook Pixel is Working (& Fix Errors)
You ’ ve installed your Facebook Pixel, but how do you know it ’ s working properly ?
If you still need to set up a Facebook Pixel, I recommend reading my article that demonstrates how to set up a Facebook Pixel. In this article, I ’ ll demonstrate how to verify if your Facebook Pixel is working, equally well as fixate any errors that might come up .
To verify that your Facebook Pixel is working:
- Open up the Chrome Browser
- Search for “chrome web store Facebook pixel” or click the following link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/facebook-pixel-helper/fdgfkebogiimcoedlicjlajpkdmockpc?hl=en
- Visit your website. It should say “one Facebook Pixel found”.
immediately let ’ s starting signal trouble-shoot !
1. What do I do if it’s not showing that a Facebook Pixel was found on my website?
Do not fear. sometimes there was an issue with the manner that it was set up, other times there is just an error. here are the steps to take if it isn ’ metric ton showing up .
If you just installed the pixel, you may need to wait a few minutes before the pixel will show up. If you are hush having issues, try installing again and follow the steps outlined in the play along video recording .
If you installed your Facebook Pixel as a plug-in, but you get the “No Pixel Found” error:
- The plug-in may be interacting with other plug-ins. You can briefly deactivating plug-ins to see if that solves your problem.
- You can alternatively install the Facebook pixel via code in your header. https://www.facebook.com/business/m/pixel-set-up-step-2#step-2
If you installed your Facebook Pixel as code in your header, but you get the “No Pixel Found” error:
- Make sure the code was installed correctly. The code should be placed at the bottom of your header correct above the conclude
2. How to fix: “We detected event code but the pixel has not activated for this event, so no information was sent to Facebook”:
This is typically caused by an ad blocker. If you disable the ad blocker, the error should go away .
3. How to fix: “Pixel Activated Multiple Times”:
Your Facebook pixel code should only appear once on each foliate you ’ d like to track. You ’ ll want to change the code in the header for the affect pages so that the Facebook Pixel code appears only once .
Improve Your Ad Campaign in Under 20 Minutes
This checklist outlines 9 powerful strategies that we ‘ve used to optimize and improve 6-figure Ad campaign
I spoil my subscribers, do you want my top tutorials, tools, and strategies?
Yes, send me more strategies & tools
No, lone send me the 9 strategies
4. How to fix: “Invalid Pixel ID”:
Make certain your Pixel ID in your code is identical to the ID on your Facebook Business page .
- Go to your business settings homepage on your Facebook Business Manager. On the left side, click “Data Sources>Pixel”
- You’ll see the your Pixel ID for each pixel.
- Go into your webpages’ header. In your code, there is fbq(‘init’, ‘Pixel ID’);. The Pixel ID number in this section should match your Pixel ID. If it doesn’t, alter the header code so they match.
5. How to fix: “Not a Standard Event”:
You ’ ll get this message if you created a custom conversion that ’ s different from Facebook ’ randomness standard events. You ’ ll want to change your events so they match Facebook ’ south standard events. It ’ randomness recommended to use Facebook ’ s official standard events to track adjustment, purchases, contacts, and page views .
here ’ s a complete tilt of criterion events on your Facebook Pixel .
- Add Payment Info
- Add to Cart
- Add to Wishlist
- Complete Registration
- Customize Product
- Find Location
- Initiate Checkout
- Start trial
- Submit Application
- View Content
In the rare case where you need to track a custom event that does not fit under Facebook ’ mho standard events, you can ignore this mistake message .
6. How to fix: “Multiple Events On an Action”
You ’ ll motivation to change your events. Your Facebook Pixel should only have one event for each military action. You ’ ll be able to see which pages are dealing with this issue. Go into your commercial enterprise coach and modify your event therefore that there is entirely one event for each visitor military action .
7. How to Fix: “Invalid Email Provided”:
This error may appear when a exploiter provides an disable electronic mail address. You can either ignore the message, or set up advance match features to match visitors with emails .
8. How to fix: “Redundant Purchase Events”
You ’ ll receive this error if there are more than 4 events connected to a single buy. You should only have purchase events on pages that demonstrate that person has made a purchase. You besides can add this event code to a specific release such as a “ leverage nowadays ” button on your web site. Fix the error by going into your events and removing irrelevant events from the pages that are receiving 4 or more events .
9. How to use Google Analytics to check if you’re Facebook Pixel is Reading your page views correctly:
While the numbers won ’ t be identical between the two, your page views on your Google analytics and Facebook Pixel should be similar .
Here’s how to open up your Facebook Pixel data to check it against your Google Analytics Views:
To open your Facebook Pixel in your Facebook Business Manager :
- Open your Facebook Business Manager. Click “Business Settings” in the top right corner.
- On the left side, click “Data sources>Pixel”.
- Select your Pixel, then click “Open in Events Manager” in the top right corner
once your pixel is open, you ’ ll see an overview of your total page views. If you good installed your Facebook Pixel or have identical little traffic, you may see very few foliate views .
By default it will show an overview of your events. These events will simply be page views unless you ’ ve created custom conversions. Log into Google analytics and on your home page you ’ ll see “ Users ” and “ Sessions ”. This should be alike to your foliate views on your Facebook Pixel .
10. Why aren’t my Facebook Pixel Page views the same as my Google Analytic page views?
There are a few reasons your Facebook pixel page views will be different :
- If a user has an ad-blocker, the Facebook Pixel may not fire.
- A Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics have different criteria for measuring a page view. Google will measure 1 user clicking on the website multiple times within a 30 minute window as 1 session. Facebook would see those as 2 different Page Views.
- There could be discrepancies as a result of cookies not being enabled.
Expect the numbers to be different, BUT if you ’ re seeing 12,000 page views on Google analytics and merely 200 on your Facebook pixel, there may be a problem with how it ’ mho set up. Google discusses how page views are measured and how that data is collected in their on-line course .
Conclusion: Use Facebook Helper to check the status of your Facebook Pixel
The easiest way to check if your Facebook Pixel is working is to install Facebook Pixel benefactor from the Chrome Web Store. You can then navigate to your web page to see if your Facebook pixel is working correctly. If no pixel is found, double check that it is installed by rights and not interacting with early plug-ins on your web site. There are a count of pixel errors, but most are easy to fix and related to the way events and customs conversions are set up. You can besides see how your Facebook Pixel data compares to your Google Analytics datum. The page views won ’ metric ton be identical since they track visitors differently, but they should be similar .
Do you need help installing your Pixel on Shopify and setting up events and custom conversions ? Check out this bit-by-bit guide .
If you read through this station you might be interested in my comprehensive Facebook Ads Course. This course takes you through the entire planning, copywriting, video and photograph ad initiation, apparatus, and political campaign launch on Facebook .
besides, check the marketing and sales tools I use to help my business thrive .
Do you know the best picture and persona sizes for social media ? You can find my simple guide by clicking here .
Do you want help oneself coming up with an effective, bit-by-bit scheme to use Facebook ads to grow your customers, gross and income ? Take a look at my new customer consultation .