Why You Might Prefer to Hide Your Facebook Active Status
For some messaging apps like Skype, it is easy to switch your active condition from on-line to invisible. By doing so, your contacts won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate know whenever you are active and you will appear as if you are offline. Having such a feature is utilitarian because you will have the choice to control your on-line visibility. For some, being able to hide their active condition allows them to plainly focus on browsing social media without being bothered to chat. For others, it is having the advantage of not letting sealed people see them whenever they ’ re on-line. Knowing this, it is crucial to keep in mind that not everyone is okay with relax privacy controls. There are users who are quite fastidious when it comes to their privacy and security rights .
Stop Someone from Seeing You Online on Facebook
Facebook users who are wondering if they ’ rhenium able to hide their active condition need not worry. The on-line sociable network has made this feature of speech readily available for users who opt to do so. It ’ second just that you can not readily find it on the number of options shown on Facebook ’ s user menu. Where it is located does require a bite of feat in navigating. The good news is once you know where to find it, it ’ ll be much easier to access whenever you need it .
What Happens When You Turn Off Active Status on Facebook?
Before we proceed with the steps on how to hide your active condition on Facebook, here are some friendly but important reminders :
You Have to Hide Your Active Status on All Apps and Devices
- Hiding your active status on Facebook only applies to that specific app or device that you are using. This means that if you want to completely appear invisible, you have to turn off your active status in every place which you have your Facebook or Messenger on.
- If you disabled your active status on Facebook yet you haven’t done so on Messenger, you’ll still appear active (or recently active) on Messenger.
- If you disabled your active status on the Facebook app yet you haven’t done so in the web version, then you will also need to do so in Facebook for Web.
If They Can’t See You, You Can’t See Them
When your active condition is disabled, your contacts won ’ metric ton see that you are active but you besides won ’ thyroxine be able to see whenever they ’ rhenium active or recently active. immediately that we have those things cleared up, it ’ south time to proceed with the main class !
Read more: 200 Best Whatsapp Statuses
Hide your active status on Facebook .
How to Appear Offline on Facebook
Since Facebook can be accessed on both web and mobile, let ’ s do both !
1. Turning Off Your Active Status on Facebook for Web
- Log in to Facebook.com on your web browser.
- Once logged in, click the Messenger icon at the top-right menu then click the three dots icon to show options. This should open your Messenger chat settings.
- Under chat settings, look for “Turn Off Active Status” and click it.
- The active status window should appear. In it, select whatever you want to do with your active status. If you want to turn it off for all contacts, select the first option then click “Okay”.
How to disable your active condition on Facebook ( vane version ) .
2. Turning Off Your Active Status on the Facebook App
- Open or launch your Facebook app (iOS or Android).
- Go to Menu by clicking the hamburger icon on the navigation bar (shortcut bar).
- Once you see the menu, scroll down all the way to “Settings & Privacy” then go to “Settings”.
- From there, go to “Privacy” and look for the option that says “Active Status”. Tap on it and check if the toggle switch is turned on. It is switched on when the white circle is on the right side and the icon is color blue. When switched on, that means you are showing that you are active on Facebook.
- To hide your active status, just tap the toggle switch and when prompted, select “Turn Off”. You’ll know it is off because the toggle switch will turn grey.
- You can quit and relaunch your app to make sure that the changes you applied are properly saved. That’s it!
look for the ground beef icon. It ‘s the icon that will lead to your Facebook Menu. Just do n’t expect for real hamburgers to be served . Do n’t get yourself confused with the toggle switch. You ‘ll know when it is switched on because the switch color will be blue .
Final Thoughts on Hiding Your Active Status on Facebook
By opting to hide your active status, you can focus on browsing social media without feeling pressured to chat with person barely because they know you are on-line. however, you do need to keep in mind the follow points :
Updating Apps May Revert Active Status
Your active status on Facebook may revert to default whenever the app gets updated. The same thing applies when you decide to uninstall then reinstall the app on your device .
You Won’t Be Completely Hidden
Another significant thing to note is that people will still be able to figure out whether or not you ’ rhenium active on Facebook. It ’ s not a goofproof manner to go into dispatch shroud if that ’ s what you are after.
even if you hide your active condition, there are other ways to tell whether you are on-line or recently active. For exercise, people can check your post updates or late activeness. This capacity is accurate and true to the best of the generator ’ mho cognition and is not meant to substitute for formal and personalize advice from a qualify professional. © 2021 Kent Peligrino